Muzeul “Casa de targovet din secolele al XVIII-lea – al XIX-lea” (Hagi Prodan) (PLOIESTI), “Hagi Prodan” Urban House Museum
Infiintat in: 1985; Orasul: PLOIESTI; Profil general: Arta
Adresa: Strada Democratiei numarul 2
Program: 9:00 – 17:00; luni: inchis
The museum building is a monument of architecture of the period homestead type, built by 1785, characteristic of Prahova towns. It is known as “Hagi Prodan House”. It bears a stucco decoration from 1825 – 1830, with floral ornamental motifs, a late influence of Brancovan stucco decoration, originally in many colours, carried out by known local craftsmen. It has been inhabited until the first decades of the 20th century, restored after World War I due to the care of Nicolae Iorga, by the architect Toma T. Socolescu, and turned into the first museum in the history of Ploiesti. After 1957 it became a department of the History Museum, as the manager Nicolae Simache built up here a museum figuring a period house (“Hagi Prodan House”). In 1982 – 1984 the house was restored due to the care of the architect Calin Hoinarescu, as the resistance structures were consolidated and the original look of the edifice recreated. On the 31st of March 1985 here opened the Temporary Exhibition dedicated to the poet Nichita Stanescu (1933 – 1983). Since 1989 the exhibition has been permanent. On the 1th of May 2005 here a permanent exhibition was opened reconstructing a typical urban house from the 18th – 19th centuries.
The visitors can see Oriental art objects, rugs, spice burners, smoking devices, mother of pearl incrusted little tables, old Romanian textiles, the dining room furniture, richly decorated, the wooden ceilings with star motifs, the mother-of-pearl incrusted bed in the bedroom of the house, and kitchen daily houseware. One of the most important exhibits is the “Icon from Jerusalem”, dated 5th of June 1819, which belonged to the owner of the house, Hagi Prodan.
Cladirea muzeului este monument de arhitectura apartinand tipului de casa taraneasca de epoca, construita in jurul anului 1785, fiind caracteristica targurilor prahovene. Este cunoscuta sub numele de “Casa Hagi Prodan”. Are o decoratie in stuc realizata in jurul anilor 1825 – 1830, cu motive ornamentale florale, rezonanta tarzie a stucaturilor brancovenesti, policroma la origine, opera unor cunoscuti mesteri locali. Locuita pana in primele decenii ale secolului al XX-lea, este restaurata dupa primul razboi mondial, prin grija lui N. Iorga, de arhitectul Toma T. Socolescu, devenind primul muzeu din istoria Ploiestilor. Dupa 1957 a devenit sectie a Muzeului de Istorie, amenajandu-se aici, prin grija directorului N. Simache, un muzeu cu profil de casa de epoca (“Casa Hagi Prodan”). In 1982 – 1984 casa a fost restaurata prin grija arh. Calin Hoinarescu, executandu-se lucrari de consolidare a structurilor de rezistenta si operatii de refacere a aspectului initial al edificiului.